So you have been to your friendly local podiatrist and the doctor told you that it was time to have surgery to repair your bunion. You have been mulling this over in your mind and just can’t seem to pull the trigger on scheduling the surgery.
I understand. It is surgery and you will be out of commission for a period of time and well,
IT IS SURGERY!
It is a big deal.
I would like to gently suggest to you that now is a great time to get it done. Why? Let me give you my 5 top reasons.
Top 5 reasons to have that bunion surgery right now –
1. It is a great time for your feet to stop hurting and it won’t stop until you get the bunion fixed.
2. You want to stop hiding your feet during the summer.
3. Really, would you rather have the surgery during the winter when it is hard to get around?
4. If you get it done now, you will not have to worry about your deductible for the rest of the year!
5. And this might be the most serious reason – you can wear sandals during your recovery. Wearing sandals will avoid having the repaired area touched by shoes while it is healing. This is the perfect time to get it done.
So now I have given you my top 5 reasons to get it done NOW. Don’t disappoint me and wait until winter. Get it done while the sun is shining and you can recover while sitting in your yard sipping a cold beverage. I could recommend some books to read while you are recovering. Just ask!
The Foot Blogger Chick
Wishing you a safe and happy 4th of July!